In a world of 24/7/365 ‘always-on’ internet, price comparison, peer-review, and ‘auto-switch’ websites, it is becoming harder than ever before to differentiate your offerings in the marketplace. In addition to this, the explosion of social media and the power of ‘strangers-as-experts’, we see why so many products (and so many industries) are becoming commodities, and how traditional branding no longer works with an increasingly cynical and ‘thrill-immune’ customer base.
‘Selling’ as we have always understood it, has changed, and perhaps gone forever. But there is hope. Companies and individuals that adopt a truly customer-centric, problem-focused approach can survive, thrive, and stand out from the noise of the competition. Moreover, if done correctly, these new approaches can benefit from the power of social media, allowing you to take your reputation from vendor to trusted advisor. That is the purpose of this course.
It is interesting that no one likes being sold to, and yet, most people like to buy. It has long puzzled sales managers why some salespeople are effortlessly effective and yet others struggle and fail. To answer this question, a significant amount of research has been done on what makes some salespeople more effective than others. Much of this research turns ‘conventional wisdom’ about what makes a good salesman upside down.
This workshop is based on the outcomes of this research.
In this course, we use a mixture of tried and tested, proven sales methodologies, coupled with the very latest science and thinking on the psychology of purchasing – as well as the science behind persuasion, influence and decision-making. This course will give you skills and insights to position yourself and your organisation as unique problem-solvers, and the ‘go to’ contacts for your customers.
This course will highlight:
- The way customers think, how they actually make decisions and how this can be influenced
- How to segment customers meaningfully and how to translate customer data into actionable ‘human’ personas to guide proposition development
- The skills required to understand the customer’s ‘Pain-Points’ and the ‘Moments of Truth’ where a relationship is made or destroyed
- To understand how to uncover and communicate ‘consequences’ to guide customers to a correct solution
- To learn how to create compelling value propositions which resonate with customers
This course will give delegates the knowledge, tools, and skills they need to develop a consultative selling style, where each customer’s specific needs are addressed. Customers will feel that they are being listened to by professionals who understand their problems and who have genuine solutions to help them.
Course attendees will be given techniques, tools, and skills to truly relate to customers on their own terms and be able to understand the customer’s ‘pain points’ and solve them in a constructive but compelling way. You will not be ‘selling to resistant customers’ but rather ‘helping solve the problems’ of a grateful client base.
It will also enable course attendees to:
- Understand the differences in the ‘so-so’ sales performers and the very best-in-class
- Emulate the best practices as revealed in the research and contained in the Consultative Selling Model
- Have an opportunity to evaluate and reflect on the 3 guiding principles to effective selling approaches and process
- Understand and be able to implement a proven process for how to conduct an effective sales call
- Enhance and improve their fundamental selling skills
- Overcome ‘stuck’ sales situations and improve the skills of advancing sales situations to include exploring consequences and payoffs
- Understand how to understand and compellingly communicate real value, rather than just hopeful feature-dumping
- Understand how a product can be made compelling and relevant to even the most diffident customer
- Gain an awareness of how attitude and beliefs can impact your sales cycle
At the end of this course, you will learn to:
- Understand the different types of customer, their drives, their motivations, their fears and their ‘pain points
- Know how to engage with customers on a level that focuses on the things that they want to talk about
- Learn how to truly present solutions, rather than products
- Learn how to make compelling value propositions, based on real-life appraisals of customer need
- Become a trusted advisor, rather than ‘just another salesman’
- Learn techniques and skills that will improve your sales and be much more enjoyable to execute
Participants in this course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline. The instructor will utilize a variety of proven learning teaching and facilitation techniques. The course methodology includes;
- Live instructor-led lecture with live Q&A
- Modules and assignments to complete online between lectures
- Videos & case studies
- Downloadable tools and templates for completion
The organisation will be able to position itself compellingly in the marketplace. It will become seen as a trusted partner that truly understands the needs of each client account. It will be highly differentiated as an understanding provider of solutions to the account’s problems. And will reap the rewards accordingly.
- This course will benefit those organisations that have salespeople who are performing at levels less than desired.
- This course will benefit companies that have good products/services that are not (for whatever reason) getting the sales returns they deserve.
- This course will also benefit high sales performers by giving them insights and new approaches to further develop their skills by introducing them to proven methodologies that will increase their skills even further.
This course will give you a structure for your thinking and analysis that will make you much more effective in your role. It will have profound effects on your management of time, your levels of job satisfaction and the results you get. You will develop an analytical skill-set to understand accounts and a profound understanding of buyer psychology. You will also learn how to become seen as a trusted advisor, rather than just a vendor.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Key Account Managers
- Global Account Managers
- Sales Directors
- Marketing Executives
- Business Development Executives
- Sales Executive
- Sales Managers
- Sales Coaches
This is a five week course with live instructor-led content and online assignments.
Week 1 5
Week 2 3
Inside the Mind of the Customer 1
Week 3 4
Inside the Mind of the Customer 2
Week 4 5
Presenting Value Solutions
Week 5 5
Getting the message across